Thursday, August 19, 2004

Zev the Critic

So Shani helped me devise a five tear system of classifying people in Zev-speak. If I meet someone for the first time, and I have to give a two word explanation this is what I really mean. It is completely descriptive in the sense that I just found that this is how I wind up speaking, without really thinking about it. The ratings loosely correspond with stars given to movies. 1 star is a waste of time that kills brain cells, 2 is good to watch on a plane, 3 is a solid thing to do on a wednesday night...
1. (Utterly) Vapid- This might really be Miriam's word. This distinction is reserved for Frat Boys and annoying high school kids. People who slam beer cans into their forehead. You get the idea. Sixth level of Hell stuffs.
2. Normal/nice- fun to hang around. Can't talk about anything that I am interested in. Good to have at a party. Nechmad.
3. A (really) good guy- someone you want to spend time with on occasion. Some interesting ideas which you can bat around.
4. Interesting/ a really nice/great guy- Impressive, solid well thought out ideas, someone to contend with, exceptionally giving or understanding, a pleasure to be aroud.
5. Amazing... (followed by some typical praise like brilliant or something)- It is really hard to be amazing. You know who you are.

Competent is also a word I flail around. But it is for different kinds of people who I don't really know. Richard Joel is competent.
Please don't ask me what you are, you can probably figure it out yourself.

1 comment:

ginsbu said...

Either you're expecting some of us to be drying our eyes a bit (but just a bit: five dabs of the hanky?) after contemplating where we rank... or you were going for 'tier'.