Thursday, August 05, 2004

Randomness

1. I read a quote I like on NYT: '"I've been on the other end of it," said John Olerud, the first baseman who made his Yankees debut with a two-run single in his first at-bat and a slick defensive play in the 10th inning. "Being a part of it is definitely a lot more fun."' - Yes, we all like winning.
2. I am still not sure what I think about Mr. Kobe Bryant's case. I completely agree that sex abuse cases should be treated more fairly than they are currently. But this from CNN makes me squirm for a mistrial: "Under pressure from the U.S. Supreme Court, District Judge Terry Ruckriegle on Monday released some 200 pages of transcripts from a closed-door hearing in June. The transcripts had been mistakenly e-mailed to The Associated Press and six other media organizations, who fought for the right to publish their contents."
3. I am reading "The Limits of History" by one of my more admired professors. I really like it. I am learning about locutionary and illocutionary stuffs, makes me feel like I am back in 3W.

No comments: