Monday, February 07, 2005

a bird dies, a dream lives

My roomate brought home a live chicken sunday, and killed it. It was a treifa. I got to do a new m'doraisa I had never done before, "al kisui dam b'afar".

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, about my "personal life". I think I am unsatisfied with it, for a completely unexpected reason. I am also, as usual, confused about the women in my life, mostly because I'm 21 and don't know what I want. For some reason, the Philip Glass I am currently listening to sums it up perfectly.

To anyone out there who does not reign over apes, I assign the following task: procure a copy of Pynchon's "The Crying of Lot 49", open to chapter 2, and read the first paragraph. This is extremely important. Less important, but recommended, is reading the rest of the book, what is rather bizarre but full of brilliant, subtle prose.

The music switched to Mogwai (ok, I helped it a little bit.) Baruch Hashem.

No comments: